Thursday, January 06, 2005

FC3

I was home last week. I didn't have Linux, so I thought I'd install it. The ISO images were there at the Fedora site.. for 3 CD's! My connection doesn't let me download that much, so I went to a shop and found just what I wanted! LFY were giving a Fedora Core 3 DVD with their mag! Everything worked fine- sound, cable modem, etc. all detected..

What's more, my dream came true.. It packaged Ximian Connector (MS Exchange support) with Evolution. Back at work, I had to check it out pronto, so with the CDs, I installed it over Redhat and got the usual problem with the sound card, resolved from the ALSA site.

Next, the mount: ntfs not supported by kernel. I followed instructions and downloaded the rpm from the Linux-NTFS site. Now thats working too! :)
Put the icing on the cake by configuring the drives to automount by editing the /etc/fstab file. Ready to rock n' roll!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home